Monthly Update: July ’19
The Edgeless team continues to work hard to achieve the main goal — faster user growth. So, let's get straight into what happened in July and where Edgeless is heading.
At the beginning of July Edgeless shortened the Staking round length from 14 to 5 days. The decision to do this was made after the results of a survey of new staking platform registrants came through. The goal of the survey was to get a better idea of what would motivate new users not only to register on the staking platform but also to stake. According to potential stakers, one of the factors was round length. So the team made a change, and sure enough, the number of stakers increased from an average of 169 people to the current average of approximately 281 per round. The latest round attracted a record number of 313 stakers.
Early stake feature and more deposit methods
The improvement of the staking platform was one of the most important updates in July. The team introduced a new dashboard and the ability to deposit to staking not only with EDG but with many other cryptocurrencies as well. Also, stakers discovered a new feature — early staking in the upcoming round.
VIP status — more ways to get/extend
The team has added one more way to get/extend VIP status. From today Edgeless is testing the “Lucky wheel” feature in the staking platform. Now stakers will have the chance to extend their status with one spin. This feature is not available in Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, France, the Netherlands, Saba, Singapore, Statia, St. Maarten, United Kingdom and the United States of America.
Stakers can also get/extend VIP status by inviting friends and through wagering on the Edgeless casino.
Staking: Marketing campaigns
Edgeless began to more actively promote staking in July. Videos made by influencers as well as press releases can be seen on social media, youtube and in blockchain/ crypto gambling related sites.
Gambling numbers for July
- Wagered (Total): 48,383,033.00 EDG ( 34 106 741 EDG in June)
As mentioned many times this year, Edgeless focus is on user growth. To achieve it, the team introduced new games, Jackpot, and tried various marketing channels. One of the most anticipated marketing tools that has helped to gain more users is the Welcome Pack, launched in April and featuring a record promotional bonus. The primary concept of the bonus structure conditions helped to attract more users than ever - more than 12 thousand unique monthly active players.
Unfortunately, the majority of new players were bonus hunters and bonus abusers, betting mostly with multiple accounts. To solve this issue, from May the team began searching for the best bonus, free spins conditions and security combination. By adding more safety updates each month, like phone verification, and by improving the onboarding process and so on, the number of fake players and bonus abusers started to decrease. Now Edgeless has more than 2 thousand unique monthly active players. Between 60 and 70 players per day. In July the casino had a record day of 373 players.
What's next? Faster user growth
Edgeless is still on the search for stable marketing channels. Crypto betting is a new service for most people. Before people become actual customers, the marketing process involves a lot of testing and service education. At the moment, the team is testing two directions that can help to gain users faster.
1. Traditional marketing campaigns and channels
From the beginning of this year the team has succeeded in introducing the main priorities: developing new games, expanding Jackpot features, launching UI updates, designing record bonuses:
- Edgeless has already released 4 games this year. During the upcoming months up to 4 new games will be launched. One of the newest will be released this month.
- Casino UI/UX fields are being analyzed in order to figure out which need to be changed to improve players’ gambling experience in the casino. These updates will be launched in the upcoming months.
- The team is working with affiliates and looking for new ones. If you know of a good one, please drop Rob a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
- While also testing bonus and free spins combinations, more security features are being added to the casino.
- Edgeless is working more on player retention. If you play in the Edgeless casino, you have probably noticed more emails and offers from the team.
- To boost casino player engagement, the team started to test various tournament concepts. The goal is to give the casino user increased multiplayer experiences. The first tournament was just launched in the beginning of August, attracting 100 players. The plan is to have more of these kinds of events in the upcoming months.
2. Staking - new marketing channel
The team is utilising all possible resources to achieve player growth. To grow faster Edgeless needs to not just invest in traditional marketing campaigns or use traditional channels. It has been observed that there is a strong correlation between stakers and casino players. Therefore, the mission is to actively use the Staking platform as a marketing tool. To spread the word about Staking, Edgeless will work more closely with influencers, crypto related sites and the VIP program. The main objective of the VIP program is to achieve a “referral network effect”. This effect has been used by many other companies as a powerful marketing tool for niche and innovative products — products which require a lot of pre-customer education.
The team believes that traditional marketing campaigns plus the Staking promo should stimulate Edgeless growth.
To sum up
As you can see from the update the team puts every bit of effort and energy into Edgeless to succeed. To gain users faster, the team is developing new features for the casino and for Staking. Also, Edgeless is using traditional marketing campaigns and staking.
Thanks for being a part of this journey. For all the team it means a lot.
Stay tuned and enjoy the last month of summer,
The Edgeless team